ne of the most royal delicacies that you can enjoy on any occasion or festival, Biryani is the epitome of a one-pot meal. Well, no one can resist the sight of the aromatic and delicious Chicken Biryani. If you are also craving for that, then you need not go anywhere as we have got this super-easy biryani recipe for you. So, what are you waiting for? Do try this delicious Chicken Biryani recipe and enjoy it with your loved ones.
If you want a chicken biryani recipe with video and step-by-step photos, we’ve got you! Chicken biryani is a simple and super flavourful one-pot meal that is best served with raita and salad. There is a reason why chicken biryani is the most ordered dish in India for the last few years! But why order it when you can make flavourful and delectable restaurant-style biryani at home? One of the best things about this easy recipe is that it has several layers that give this dish, different textures, flavours and colours. A plate of chicken Biryani is a perfect balance of good quality protein and carbs. This biryani recipe is prepared using basmati rice, chicken thighs, hung curd, onion, tomato, milk, saffron and a melange of whole and ground spices. For preparing this amazing and mouth-watering Biryani recipe, chicken is marinated in yoghurt and a mix of spices and then cooked using the slow-cooking method. Chicken Biryani is one dish that can be enjoyed on several occasions such as buffet, kitty party, potluck and even game night. You can make this Biryani to treat your loved ones on any occasion. To help you out, here are some easy steps that will guide you in preparing this amazing dish.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani
- 1 cup boiled basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon mint leaves
- salt as required
- 2 tablespoon refined oil
- 3 green cardamom
- 2 clove
- 2 onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 cup hung curd
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- water as required
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 600 gm chicken
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 tablespoon bay leaf
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 drops kewra
- 1 tablespoon rose water
How to make Chicken Biryani
Step 1. Prepare saffron and kewra waterTo make this delightful biryani, soak saffron in water to prepare saffron water. Next, mix kewra drops in water and mix well to make kewra water.
Step 2. Saute onions and tomatoes for 2-3 minutesIn the meanwhile, heat refined oil in a deep bottomed pan. Once the oil is hot enough. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves in it, and saute for about a minute. Then, add chopped onion in it and saute until pink. Now, add chicken into it with slit green chillies, turmeric, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, and green chilli paste. Mix well all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add hung curd into it
Step 3. Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutesTurn the flame to medium again and add garam masala in it along with ginger julienned, coriander and mint leaves. Add kewra water, rose water and saffron water in it. Cook till the chicken is tender.
Step 4. Serve hot with your favourite chutney or raitaThen add 1 cup cooked rice and spread evenly. Then add saffron water and pour ghee over it. Cook for 15-20 minutes with closed lid and garnish with 1 tbsp fried onions and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- The first and foremost important thing to take care of while preparing chicken biryani is, always use a heavy-bottomed pan as you would not want the chicken getting cooked.
- The restaurant-style chicken biryani uses the whole chicken in preparation and the chicken breast can dry when cooking at home. It’s always suggested to use chicken thigh or drums…
- If you want your chicken to be juicier in your biryani, do not remove the bone.
- If your cooked rice has turned sticky, spread it on a plate and leave it for 5 minutes. The rice will be separate and fluffy again.
- Freshly pound spices bring out the best taste in Biryani, so make sure that you dry roast all the whole spices for a good 2-3 minutes and then pound or grind them.